MIAA Tournament Structure Recommendation
Thu, 04/16/2020 - 4:18pm Heraldgroton
The MIAA Board of Directors (BOD) held a virtual meeting April 13, 2020 to review recent Tournament Management Committee (TMC) and approved recommendations reegarding MIAA Spring Tournament Structure.
• Proceed forward with the recommendation from the TMC to play through a sectional tournament this spring. Reports state the potential spring sports season will start no sooner than May 11 with conditioning and practices beginning on May 4.
• A cut off date of June 12 at 7 pm for regular season competition for baseball, lacrosse, rugby, softball, tennis and volleyball. Seeding will take place on June 13. The tournaments will begin the week of June 15 and conclude on June 27, with a rain date of June 28 per TMC recommendation. There will be no state championship tournaments.
• There will not be a Division IA tournament this spring
• Golf will have a cutoff and entry due date of June 11 at 8:00 pm for the regular season competition. Sectional tournaments may begin June 15.
• Track and Field will have a cutoff date of June 21stat 6:00 pm with entries received by June 22. Sectional meets will be scheduled for June 27 and June 28. The Pentathlon is scheduled for June 25.
• There will be no individual tennis tournament for the 2020 season per TMC recommendation.
• The board has approved allowing up to date physicals as of March 13 to be extended through May 4 and students who had not received physicals could do so if they received a virtual physical or physician’s note giving permission to the student-athlete to participate if received between March 14 and May 4.
Please send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org