Number of Years Coaching: At Groton Dunstable, Chris Volante begins his second year over-all and first year head coach for both boys and girls cross country. Last year, assistant cross country coach.
Key Runners graduated
Boys: Thomas Orcutt, Patrick Daly.
Girls: Clarissa LaGasse, Claire Puranananda
Record Last Year: Boys- 1 win, 4 losses. Girls- 4 wins, 1 loss
Cross Country Captains
Girls: Sydney Adams, Kimmie Harding, Hannah Webb
Boys: Jack Blount, Lowney, Finn Sheily
Team members: Girls
Freshman- Georgia Brooks, Catherine Daly, Ellie Petros, Alexa Toomey, Freya Webb
Sophomores- Keke Deng, Brooke Orcutt, Michelle Velasquez
Juniors- Kimmie Harding, Ava Metzger, Maddie Prechtl, Siena Salyer, Mary Teeple
Seniors- Sydney Adams, Mia Garibotto, Kate Moody, Hannah Webb
Team members: Boys
Freshmen- Adam Feiring, Marlon Jost, Benjamin Kritzer, Zach Metzger, Jordan Strauss, John Terhune
Sophomores-Andrew Davis, Declan Hann, Ethan McDonald, Hudson Moody, Toby Strauss
Juniors- Jared Cardinali, Liam Clinton, Paul Pappas,
Seniors- Jack Blount, Nick Ferreira, Declan Lowney, George Lowney, Ryan Mosscrop, Eoin Murphy, Finn Sheily, Jacob Strauss, Ben Taylor
Strong underclass runners. Both girls and boys teams will see multiple freshman score points in dual meets throughout the season.
Addition of Eoin Murphy who will contribute on the boys team due to delayed football season (expected to start February 2021).
Addition of girls and boys on the roster who normally compete in other sports.
Comments regarding upcoming season
• Great to see the number of student/athletes running XC this year. Girls have 17 and boys have 24 on the respective rosters.
• Both girls and boys teams will be very competitive in a unique "Pod" team configuration. We will be competing against teams we do not normally have dual meets against including Parker Charter, Littleton, North Middlesex, Lunenburg and Tyngsboro.
• Many student/athletes who trained over the summer will contribute in the modified season that started over 3 weeks later than normal.
• Keep an eye out for senior Sydney Adams and junior Kimmie Harding who will lead the girls team.
• Several underclassman and seniors will step up to support seniors Declan Lowney and Finn Sheily throughout the season.