SARGISSON BEACH CLEAN-UP
8AM-Noon Saturday, May 16, meet at Sargisson Beach Parking area; if you arrive after 8,. walk down to beach. Google Map: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Sargisson+Beach,+Groton,+MA
Drive North on Whiley road from 4-corners near Shaws. Look for the Sargisson Beach Conservation Land sign on your left.
The beach will be re-opening with lifeguards in Summer 2015! We have a number of projects we need help with to get it ready! Come down and meet fellow neighbors and residents.
1. Beach cleanup, raking leaves and pine needles and deposit in the weed harvester trailer
2. Installing docks and safety marks.
3. Finish gravel around new wood walkway to fisherman walk
4. Rake out mulch along road/ path.
5. Trash pickup in a few areas and along the road.
6. Trimming dead branches
Wear work gloves, closed toed shoes/hiking boots, long pants and warm clothes. Bring hand Tools: leaf rakes, hard rake, shovel, snow shovel, shears for small branches, wheel barrow, or hand cart or tarp if you have access to one.