The Groton Council on Aging COVID-19 Support
Thu, 03/19/2020 - 11:27am Heraldgroton
The Groton COA is grateful for the out-pouring of community support we have received. Many are asking how they can help. You can help by checking on your neighbors, buy groceries for them, and call us if you are worried about someone or believe they need additional support. While we as a species are resilient in our survival we are also genetically designed to survive with the support of other human beings. Please remember some of us have now been cut off by our network of friends and family because of age or underlying medical conditions. We ask you to keep them in mind and if you know someone living alone, please call them to simply say hello and you’re thinking about them.
The Council on Aging staff is reporting for work daily to meet the needs of our residents. While the building is closed to the public please don’t hesitate to call our office at 978-448-1170.
In an effort to meet the needs of our residents during this unprecedented time, the Groton Council on Aging has implemented the following:
• The COA van will be available to go to the Littleton Market Basket. We will go everyday if necessary, however, it will be limited to three riders per trip to allow for appropriate social distancing.
• Staff, or an agent of the COA, will grocery shop for residents 60 years and older or for residents of any age who live alone and have a complicating medical condition.
• We will make regular phone calls to our senior residents.
• In collaboration with Loaves and Fishes we will deliver pre-packaged food to Groton residents.
• Staff will pick up and deliver prescriptions.
You can reach us Monday through Friday at 978-448-1170. In the event there is a need in the evenings or weekends please call the Groton Police Department on the non-emergency line, 978- 448-5555 and they will contact Kathy Shelp, COA Director.
Our thoughts are with our entire community; be well, be safe and be smart!
Kathy Shelp, Director
Groton Council on Aging
Please send comments to email@example.com