October at Groton Public Library
Sign up gpl.org, - (978) 448-8000.
• Out in the Open.
Sat, Oct 1, 3 pm.
Presentation on painting outdoors by Susan Stranc and Susan Spellman of Newburyport Art Association. Refreshments served. Reception for the exhibiting Newburyport 10 artists 3:30 to 4:30.
• Suburban Homesteader: A Homebrew Demo.
Tues, Oct 4, 7-8:30 pm.
Fitchburg Order of Ale Maker’s (FOAM) Homebrew club will give a homebrew demo to show basics of brewing beer at home. Samples will not be provided.
• Nutrition 101: Facilitator Charles Smigelski, RD
Weds. 7 to 8:30 pm Runs 4 Weeks through Oct. 26 Sign up for each session you plan to attend.
Oct. 5: View & Discuss the Documentary, ‘The Connection: Mind your Body”
Oct. 12: Tong Ren Healing
Oct. 19: Acid Reflux (GERD)
Oct. 26: Diabetes Diet Update
YOUNG ADULT PROGRAMS
• Make & Take Book Crafts. Wed, Sept 28, 3-4:30 pm. Grades 6-12. Make a book themed bangle or a treasure box.
• Book Buzz Book Club. Tues, Oct 4, 4:15-4:45 pm. Grades 6-7. Discuss “Hour of the Bees” by Lindsay Eagar. Refreshments served.
• Music for Preschoolers by Indian Hill Music. Fri, Oct 7, 10:30 am - 11:15 am. Indian Hill Music presents this lively music class that includes singing, dancing, musical games and hand percussion!
• Tales & Tunes with Steve Blunt. Fri, Oct 14, 10:30 am - 11:15 am.