Summer Preview Day at Indian Hill Music School
Summer programs for youth, teens, and adults at Indian Hill Music School’s Free Summer Preview Day Saturday April 29, 10am - 5pm. Sign up for fun, interactive sessions to learn about full and half-day summer programs, Save your spot at www.indianhillmusic.org/events or by calling(978) 486-9524.
• 10am: Summer Music Explorers (Ages 5-9) -Presenter: Mark Femino Interactive Demo- Bring the kids to join singing, dancing, and playing! Week-long program. Students learn music basics, try out instruments, and play in a real ensemble by the end of week. Full/ half-day options available.
• 11am: Summer Day Music (Ages 8-15) - Presenters: Amy Lee, Tim Terranella Two-week program for all instruments and voice.Morning core classes focus on students’ main instrument and improving technique and musicianship. Afternoon electives provide options to explore new music styles, instruments, theory, literature and more.
• 12pm: Summer Jams (Ages 10-14) - Presenter: Mark Femino
Interactive Demo: Students learn give and take of being in a rock band, working songs together, taking lead and being a supporting player, and exploring different rock and pop styles. In addition to band rehearsals, workshops and classes will provide expert advice on sound and recording equipment.
• 12pm: Chamber Music Intensive (Ages 14-college) Presenter: Amy Lee
Interactive Demo: Bring your instrument and play ensemble literature with like-minded peers. For advanced teen and college-age students looking for a more intensive musical experience. Expert teaching artists will bring your playing to a new level through ensemble rehearsals, masterclasses, practice sessions.
• 1pm: StageIt! DYI Musical Revue (Ages 8-15) - Presenter: Sue Bonito
Interactive Demo:Sing, dance, and enjoy the spotlight! How about creating your own show? Using pop songs and Broadway tunes, create a plot, write lines, add dance and staging, and voila! You did it yourself!
• 2pm: Summer Night Music (Adults) - Presenter: Tim Terranella Interactive Demo: Bring your instrument and play through a sampling of Baroque ensemble literature with peers. Meet adult musicians and make music together. Expert coaching. Concludes with two performances.
• 2pm: IHM Youth Orchestras (Ages 6-18) Comprehensive, leveled large ensemble program for elementary through high school musicians. Groups include Chamber Strings for developing string players, Camerata for intermediate to advanced level strings, and Sinfonia Concert Orchestra for advanced string, woodwinds, brass, and percussion. Find out about auditions, concerts, and benefits of membership.
• 3pm: New Horizons Band (Adults) Concert Demo and Q&A: Members of the Portsmouth (NH) T Program is for those who played a band instrument back in school, and those who wish they had. Absolute beginners welcome.
• 4pm: Suzuki Method Violin, Guitar (Ages 4+) - Presenters: Bethany Stephan, Berit Strong Time-honored, highly acclaimed method for learning violin and guitar for children as young as 4. Certified Suzuki Method teachers guide students into music in same way hildren learn language - with loving encouragement, constant repetition, demonstration, and parental involvement.