Quick GFD Response Saves House
Thu, 10/22/2020 - 4:02pm Heraldgroton
The house at 15 Old Lantern Way. Photo courtesy Groton Fire Department.
On Sunday, October 11, at approximately 6 p.m. Groton Fire Department responded to 15 Old Lantern Lane for a report of a fire. Firefighters arrived within five minutes to find a fire in a wall of the house near the chimney, spreading upwards towards the attic. Firefighters were able to contain the fire quickly with minor smoke and fire damage done to the home.
Firefighters from Littleton and Ayer assisted on scene and the Westford Fire Department provided coverage during the incident. The fire’s cause was an issue with a faulty fireplace. Three people were displaced by the fire but should be able to reoccupy the home after some repairs.
Please send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org