No subscription needed for Obituaries and Public Notices

GFD Reminds Residents to Have Chimneys Cleaned and Inspected--Regularly

Groton Fire Department posted this December 1 photo taken at approximately 8:45 pm of Shirley Fire Department responding to a chimney fire at a residence on Groton Road. On arrival they confirmed that there was an active chimney fire most likely caused by an excessive buildup of creosote in the chimney. The fire was quickly extinguished and there was no damage to the residence or occupants. 

With winter heating season in full swing, Groton Fire reminds residents to have their chimneys swept and inspected by a qualified Chimney Sweep at least annually.

Comment Policy: 
Please send comments to grotonherald@gmail.com

Groton Herald

Mailing Address
P.O. Box 610, Groton, Massachusetts 01450
 

Office
161 Main Street, Groton, Massachusetts 01450
[above Main Street Café]
 

Telephone: 978-448-6061
 

Comment Here