GROTON WATER DEPARTMENT
SEASONAL WATER MAIN FLUSHING
The Groton Water Department will begin its annual flushing of the water distribution system on Monday, April 6 thru Thursday, April 23, 2020. All water main flushing occurs during the daytime. We anticipate the flushing program will take approximately three weeks to complete. You will experience discolored water and Low pressure during the flushing effort and we apologize for this inconvenience. Please remain patient during this process as we conduct this important function to improve water quality in our water system.
In the event that you experience a prolonged period of discolored water, run all of your cold water taps only for 5 to 10 minutes or until it clears up.
This is the time to thoroughly flush your hot water tank.
The water distribution system flushing program is subject to change without notice and the dates listed below are approximate only!
Please be sure to call our Special Phone Number that we have set up at 1-978-490-8196 or e-mail Water@townofgroton. org between the hours of 8:30 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. for the most up to date location of the Flushing Program or check our web site at www.grotonwater.org.
• Area 1 – April 6th: Orchard Lane, Chestnut Hill Road, Schoolhouse Road, Hemlock Park Drive to the Baddacook Well.
• Area 2 – April 8th & 9th:
Martins Pond Road, Hollis Street, Champney Street, Middle School Complex and Main Street. Lowell Road, Lost Lake Drive, Fawn Terrace, Lost Lake Area, Blossom, Common, Longley, Station Ave, Court St.
• Area 3 – April 13th: Duck Pond Drive, Hidden Valley Road, Whiley Road, Boston Road, Forge Village Road, Hayden Road, Sandy Pond Road, Robin Hill Road, Quail Ridge Road, Stonebridge, Old Carriage Path, Gilson Road, Bayberry Road.
• Area 4 – April 15th & 16th:
Old Ayer Road, Peabody Street, Boston Road, Lovers Lane, Elm Street, Pleasant Street, Lawrence Academy Campus. Farmers ROW to Groton School Campus, Groton School Campus, Shirley Street, Joy Lane, Culver Street, Smith, Dolan Drive and Higley Street
• Area 5 – April 21st: West Street, Whiting Avenue, Hillside Avenue, Fairview Avenue, Mill Street, Gratuity Road, Fitch’s Bridge Road, Nod Road, North Main Street, Riverbend Drive, Wintergreen Lane.
• Area 6 – April 23rd: Cow Pond Road, Painted Post, Amanda’s Way, and all other dead-ends and side streets.
If you have any questions regarding the flushing program, specific daily locations or if you are experiencing prolonged periods of dirty and/or discolored water, please contact the following Special Phone Number that has been set up at 1-978-490-8196 - Monday through Friday 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM.