LOCAL: Sargisson Beach Cleanup
Third annual Sargisson Beach Spring Cleanup will be Saturday, May 17, 8 a.m-noon starting at Sargisson Beach Parking area. Late arrivals should walk down to beach.
(See Google Map: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Sargisson+Beach,+Groton,+MA.) Drive North on Whiley Rd. from Four Corners near Shaws. Look for Sargisson Beach Conservation Land sign on the left.
The beach will be opening in 2014 again as swim-at-your-own risk, and while there may not be lifeguards this year, the plan is to continue improving beach safety.
Come and meet fellow Groton residents and help cleanup the beach.
1. Beach cleanup, raking leaves and pine needles and deposit in the weed harvester trailer.
2. Installing new information board in parking lot and beach area. Installing new signage.
3. Trimming back dead branches along the road and paths. 4. Raking wood chips and cleaning out waterbar drains.
5. Trash pickup in a few areas and along the road.
6. Installing swim rope and new swim area/no-wake zone buoys.
Wear work gloves, closed toed shoes/hiking boots, long pants. Hand Tools: leaf rakes, hard rake, shovel, snow shovel, shears for small branches, wheelbarrow, or handcart or tarp.