Groton Public Library
Thu, 09/26/2019 - 1:48pm Heraldgroton
GROTON’S INVASIVE SPECIES:
What They Are, Where They Come From, Why They Mat- ter, & What You Can Do To Fight Them. Led by Olin Lathrop, Inva- sive Species Committee Member. Three-Part Series. Oct 2, 7 pm: Specific Inva- sives: Japanese Knotweed, Orien- tal Bittersweet, and the Emerald Ash Borer
MOM'S WWII LETTERS:
Corinne Smith links history and geneal- ogy to present-day research and diligence using her mom’s trea- sured letters to servicemen dur- ing WWII. Thu, Oct 10, 7-8:30 pm.
Tue, Oct 15, 7-8:30 pm. Vin- tage VW Restoration. Groton’s Bob Hill has worked on two vin- tage VWs for the last 2 years. He will share his ups and downs and offer tips on how to start your own project.
LIFELONG LEARNING: CITIZEN POLICE ACADEMY
Led by Sergeant Rachel Mead, Groton Police Department. Wednesdays, 6-8 pm. Six-week series, starts in early October.
View updates on gpl.org calendar.
All AGES EVENTS
• Meet Tango The Groton Horse. Groton’s favorite horse is coming to GPL! Saturday, Oct 12: 1 to 2 pm.
If you want to meet Tango, here’s your chance! You can pet him, brush him, and give him treats and endless cuddles! This is an interactive and outdoor event, so please dress accordingly. All ages welcome!
• Fall Felting! Jack-O-Lanterns
with Rachel Benson. Tue, Oct 8, 3-4:30 pm. Sign up; space is lim- ited.
• Cosplay Iron Chef. Thu, Oct 17, 7-8:30 pm. Costume Making Challenge! Work in teams of 2 to design and model a character using the materials we give you.
• Bookish: YA Café. Those who enjoy books get together for light refreshments and time to read, write or draw, and share with one another if inclined. On the first Thursday of the month from 7-8 pm. Dates: Oct 3, Nov 7, and Dec 5.
• Make & Take Club. Stop by after school and get creative! Wednesdays, 3-4:30 pm. Oct 2: Yarn Wrapped Initial Wall Décor.
• Robotics Battle-Bots Challenge. Create a battle ready robot using Lego Mindstorms EV3 kits. Compete for prizes! Tue, Oct 1; Tue, Nov 5; Thu, Dec 12. Meets 6:30-8:30 pm.
Please send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org