Groton Farmers Market is Up and Running
Thu, 07/30/2020 - 3:02pm Heraldgroton
Many of our local farmers' markets have been cancelled this season because of COVID19. This is bad news for the local farmers, who have fewer options for selling their produce. It is also bad news for everyone who enjoys the many benefits of buying fresh, local produce. FORTUNATELY, our Groton Farmers’ Market is open so please consider supporting our local farmers. Remember, food purchased at a farmers’ market will have minimal handling before you select it, and it is freshly picked, at its peak of flavor—plus it lasts 2-3 times longer than supermarket produce.
The Groton Farmers’ Market is located at the Williams Barn, 160 Chicopee Row in Groton. It is open on Fridays from 3-7 during July-October. It accepts WIC and Senior coupons. We have local farmers with produce, a baker, a pasta farmer, and flowers.
If you are concerned about COVID19, the Groton Farmers’ Market will have guidelines in place, including the following:
• Face masks will be required for customers and vendors.
• Social distancing (minimum 6 ft.) will be requested.
• There will be adequate spacing between vendors.
• No re-useable bags will be allowed.
• Handwashing station will be available.
• Vendors will wear gloves and will sanitize displays at regular intervals.
• Some vendors may have items pre-bagged.
When you purchase food from your local farms, you are directly supporting local farmers and the local economy, and you are helping to preserve agricultural land and open spaces.
Don’t miss out on the fun and the fresh food. See you at the next Farmers' Market!
Please send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org